The world of online business is ruled by numbers. You need to know how many people are visiting your website, how long they are staying on each page, and whether or not they are taking the desired action. This desired action is called a conversion, and it could be anything from signing up for a newsletter to making a purchase. To get a better understanding of how conversion rates work, let’s take a look at some basics.
What is a page hit?
So, a page hit is simply a request for a file and a page view is a request for a webpage. The terms are often used interchangeably, but they technically have different meanings. A conversion rate is the percentage of visitors to your website who take some desired action, such as making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter.
What is a view?
A view is a request for a web page from a server. A view is counted when a web page is requested from a server and displayed in a web browser. The number of views for a particular web page can be tracked with view counting software.
What is a conversion rate?
A conversion rate is a metric that measures the percentage of visitors to your website who take a desired action. This desired action could be anything from making a purchase, to signing up for a newsletter, to downloading a white paper.
Conversion rates are important because they give you insight into how effective your website is at achieving its goals. If you have a low conversion rate, it means that people are coming to your site but not taking the actions you want them to. This could be because your website is hard to navigate, or because the call-to-action is not clear.
There are many ways to improve your conversion rate, including A/B testing, optimizing your landing pages, and providing incentives for people to take the desired action.
How to improve your page hit rate
There are a number of things you can do to improve your page hit rate. Here are some tips:
1. Make sure your website is well designed and user friendly. If visitors can’t find what they’re looking for, they’re likely to leave your site.
2. Use effective keywords and promote your website through search engine optimization (SEO). This will help ensure that your site comes up in search results when people are looking for information on the topics you cover.
3. Use social media to Spread the Word about your website. Share interesting content from your site on social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook. This will help more people learn about your site and potentially visit it.
4. Make sure your website’s content is fresh and up-to-date. If visitors see that you haven’t updated your site in awhile, they may not bother coming back. Regularly adding new, relevant content will keep people coming back for more.
5. Advertise your website through online ads, banners, or directories. This can help increase awareness of your site and bring more traffic to it
How to improve your conversion rate
There are a number of ways to improve your conversion rate. Here are a few:
1. Test, test, and test again. Try different headlines, different offers, different call-to-actions, etc. and see what works best for your audience and your product.
2. Make sure your website is easy to use and navigate. If people can’t figure out how to use your site or find what they’re looking for, they’re not going to convert.
3. Use strong calls-to-action. Tell people exactly what you want them to do, and make it easy for them to do it. Use actionable language and make your buttons stand out.
4. Offer something valuable. If you’re not giving people a reason to convert, they won’t. Give them a discount, free shipping, exclusive content, etc., that will make them want to take the next step and buy from you.
5 . Focus on the customer journey. Map out the steps that someone takes from when they first land on your site until they make a purchase (or take whatever other desired action). Then look for areas where people are dropping off and figure out how to keep them engaged so they don’t leave without converting.
Conversion rates are essential for any website or business that wants to succeed online. By understanding what page hits and views are, and how they relate to conversion rates, you can make sure that your site is as effective as possible. Use these tips to improve your page hit and view counts, and see a corresponding increase in your conversion rate.
A good to excellent conversion rate depends on your article details and knowledgeable staff.